Indeed, it’s Christmas in July whenever there’s an important update from Pastor Dustin!
In the past week, Dustin has announced that he’s working on a new 5-song Christmas EP, to be released in November. ICYMI, back in 2008, Dustin released his first and, thus far, only Christmas record on Vagrant Records, wherein he recorded the following traditional Christmas “worship” songs:
He also recorded these rare bonus tracks for Please Come Home:
If you follow his Twitter feed, you now know three things about the forthcoming Christmas record on Mars Hill Music:
- New recording of his original “This Is War” (my guess is it includes the added “Hallelujah, a Child is born” chorus)
- An “instant party” arrangement of “Angels We Have Heard On High” (sounds epic already!)
- Which now leaves us with three “others I’ve not recorded…” – meaning, there will be some pleasant surprises!
I am hopeful these previously-unrecorded tracks include even just one of my personal favorites below:
- “Angels From The Realms Of Glory”
- “I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day”
- “Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming”
- “O Little Town Of Bethlehem”
- “What Child Is This?”
- And one that many may not know… Dustin already collaborated with modern hymn-writer Stuart Townend on “Rejoice”, so it would be appropriate if he covered Townend’s “Immanuel (From The Squalor Of A Borrowed Stable)”.
Regardless of whatever songs round out the EP, this is now my most highly-anticipated release of the second half of the year!
What other songs do you want to hear on Dustin’s new Christmas record?